Dance opportunities in Summit County
Here are upcoming and regular events where you can find dancing although you may have to travel some. If you learn of any events that are not listed, please let us know.
Sunday Swing & Ballroom at Studio B
On Sunday, February 26th and again on Sunday, March 5th, come learn some new swing moves at Studio B in Silverthorne. The Swing Class starts at 6pm followed by open dancing from 7pm to 8:30pm. $18 per person for class and dance or $10 per person ($15 per couple) for dance only unless you have a Studio B membership or punch card. DJ’d to music that you can make requests for or bring your own tunes. Please note that at recent dances there has been a shortage of followers so followers, we need you. Hosted by Summit Swing Dance.
Dancing & Delectables: February 9, 2017
Come and enjoy an evening of “Dancing and Delectables”, a fund-raiser for the Summit High School Music Department, on Thursday, February 9 at the Silverthorne Pavilion from 6:00pm to 8:30pm. Highlights include live music by the SHS Jazz Band and SHS Chorus, DJ’d music by Rich Holdman, a silent auction, and dessert tasting. A free swing lesson will be offered at 6:00. Tickets are $5/student, $10/adult or $25/family and can be purchased at the door. All proceeds from sales of admissions and the silent auction will go directly to benefit the SHS Music Department. For more information or to volunteer or contribute, contact Summit Swing Dance at 970-468-4876 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Willing to Travel to Dance?
Check out the Roaring Fork Social Dancers at www.meetup.com for many dance events in the Glenwood Springs and Grand Junction area.
Recurring Dance Opportunities
- Avalon Ballroom, Boulder(see www.boulderdancecoalition.org for more info)
- Tuesday Night Swing- 7:30 – midnight , 6185 Arapahoe Road, Boulder. $5-15 per person.
- Boulder Swing Dance – First Saturday of the month 7:30 – midnight $10 per person.
- Mercury Café, Denver (see www.mercurycafe.com for more info)
- Every Thursday – Lindy Hop Classes at 6pm and 7pm ($10/class) followed by a DJ dance at 8pm for $6
- Every Sunday – Classes at 5:30 and 6:30pm followed by dance with live band at 8pm. Classes are $10/person. Dance is $10/person. Info on classes available at www.denverswingdance.com
- Mile High Social Dances - Offers dances in the Arvada area at two different venues.
- Turnverein Cultural and Dance Center
- Every Friday- Lindy Hop class 7-8pm 1570 Clarkson St. Cost unknown. Dance from 8pm-11pm. Dance admission is $7.
- Every Sunday – West Coast Swing class from 5:30 to 6:30pm Dance from 6:30 to 9:30pm $7.
AFFORDABLE PRIVATE DANCE LESSONS!
East Coast Swing, Lindy Hop,
Charleston, and Balboa Lessons
We teach swing dance lessons privately in our home. We specialize in East Coast Swing, Lindy Hop, Lindy Charleston and Balboa. Because we want to develop a swing dance community in Summit County, we offer lessons at an incredibly low price—only $25 per hour for a couple. We teach at your pace, not ours. Got 2 left feet? We’ve had some success with people who said they had never danced. If you can walk and tap your feet to the music, you can swing dance. Contact us by email at email@example.com.
Country-Western Lessons - LET'S DANCE!
Country-Western DJ & Dance Instructor
Michael (Tex) DeGarie
For More Information
Contact Summit Swing at 970-468-4876 or via email at Info@SummitSwing.org.